Dec 21, 2009

In the Country Again


My daughter who lives in Oregon has been active on Facebook, so I’ve been roaming around in Facebook in my spare time. Found a site for Laguna Del Sol in Facebook, but the is not much there yet. It could grow if you would join. Kind of a blank slate waiting for someone to write on it.

Ginny just told me the bull in the pasture behind us was bellowing for the gals last night. I sleep thru it. The fun of being in the country. No gunshots, drive bys, dope dealers or hookers in our neighborhood. Just goats, lamas, horses and some cows. Oh!! Almost forgot the roosters that are the terrorists of the morning bliss. It nice being in the back of the ranch--- out in the country.

Ginny and I always seem to end up in the country. We met in San Jose back when it was starting to grow (1975). We had both just separated from our first spouses and were going to Parents Without Partners. After our divorces were final and respectable time had elapsed, we got married. (9/10/77)   That was 32 years ago. Most our friends said it wouldn’t last 6 months. Showed them, huh!!

I was selling real estate at the time with limited results. One day, I got a wild hair up my you know what and decided to go ‘Trucking’. A few weeks later we were back in Carmel, Indiana at Mayflower Trucking School. For almost 20 years, I was a trucker. First four and a half, Ginny was my co driver. We were a team. It took me almost another 15 years to figure out that I must be better at something else. During that time, we could live in the country, because if I wasn’t home anyway, it didn’t matter where home was.

Ginny needed to move to Texas. She found us a nice 6 acres parcel out side of Dallas that was our ‘home’ for about 5 years.

We spent some time at Blue Bonnet and Ponderosa Nudist Resorts while we were in Texas. We had stopped at Naked City a couple of times when in the Chicago area. I don’t know if that is still open.

When we moved back to California, we ended up in Madera just outside of Fresno. On an acre with a pool, 1500 sqft house and not knowing our neighbors. In the country again.

Then in March of’'88 we found Rawhide Ranch and fell in love with it. A nice clean family resort. From that moment on we were here almost every weekend and vacation. We moved in full time in January of ’91.

So let the bull bellow all he wants, it's music to my sleeping ears.

Until next time, may your God keep you safe.........



No comments: